Home/Support/Support Forum/Command line device discovery?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Command line device discovery?

0 votes
I need a windows command line version of the GUI device discovery tool. I need it for an automation program I am working on, to identify the correspondence of MAC address to IP address.

After searching the digi web site I have not found any place to download such a tool, but I have noticed references to a couple of tools in documentation: connectprog.exe and netosprog(?). Does anybody know if these will do what I want and if so, where I can get them?

We use PortServer TS 16s
asked Jun 20, 2014 in Portserver TS by glenncsimon New to the Community (2 points)
retagged Nov 4, 2014 by tuxembb

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Best answer
I found the answer. I went to ftp://ftp1.digi.com/support/utilities/ and found a file called 40002363_E.zip. ConnectProg.exe is in it, and it works:
"connectprog /discover" from the command prompt will return all the digis visible to the net you are on (works with wired connection only where I am). If you want to find a specific digi by MAC address, type:
"connectprog /discover | findstr <MAC addr as hex bytes separated by colons, all uppercase>"
It will return a line with the IP address and MAC address of the digi.
Note: you may have to run the tool more than once in order for all the digis to be returned.
answered Jun 25, 2014 by glenncsimon New to the Community (2 points)
selected Jun 27, 2014 by glenncsimon
0 votes
Not sure if the ones you mentions would work. I suppose it doesn't hurt to try, but there is one called nmap that I believe should work.
Take a look at the link below:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Hacking/Tools/Network/Nmap
answered Jun 25, 2014 by Campbell Veteran of the Digi Community (552 points)