Home/Support/Support Forum/Can the Rabbit Field Utility be installed independently
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Can the Rabbit Field Utility be installed independently

0 votes
We have our circuit boards manufactured in India. They want to start loading the programs for us and send us completed products. They only need the RFU and I would like to know if there is a simple way to send only that part of the program to them for use in loading precompiled programs. I need to send both versions 9.62 and 10.7 to them.
asked Jan 1, 2015 in Rabbit Software by DBurghard New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
Yes, you can just send the RFU and the bin files such as coldload.bin to the manufacturer. You will need the RFU from DC10.72 and the bin files from that utility.

See details in the DC10 user manual.
answered Jan 2, 2015 by trooper2 Veteran of the Digi Community (589 points)
Thank you very much!  I have it working now for both old and new processors using the DC10.72 RFU.
0 votes
Good morning,
. If you give your subcontractor a bin file, then all they need is the Rabbit Field Utility . This is found in the Dynamic C Utilities folder. When you run the RFU, there is a Tab "File Locations". You will need to send your customer the RFU.exe, plus the coldload.bin, pilot.bin and flash.ini They will need to store these files in the same locations as shown in the file locations in the RFU. They will not have access to your source code since you will be sending a bin file.
answered Jan 7, 2015 by MargaretK Veteran of the Digi Community (545 points)